Friday, January 26, 2007

Betta aquarium w/ mini heater

I received a new mini heater via fast shipping. Total price with priority mail shipping was under $14.

The Betta took an unexpected pace of life once I installed the thermostat. I notched it up to maximum heat it could emit. The atmosphere changed a little by noticing the cap was fogged up. Keep in mind this aquarium is about 1.5 gallons, and I'm taking the liberty to raise two male beauties.

To elaborate on one success, there's a compartment to separate them. The shape is in a combination of two 3/4 gal aquariums. Despite the lack of tank water, it suits nicely on my messy desk. My original intention was to keep the desk organized and get me up to maintain wildlife. Surprisingly, the power gives off a banal scent to nicely baked toast to help jump-start the early morning. I'm glad the seller advertised it as a non-immersible thermostatic heater. The 50 watts of heated power packs a punch to my puny aquarium. This heater is amazingly good for up to ten gallons, I'm assuming it should be submerged.

I sure feel like one heck of a child abuser to these fish by limiting their space though. If these survive my mediocre, expected life expectancy, I will be sure to marry at least one of them off. I will provide a bigger aquarium so they can swim to their apartment and office simultaneously.


The downside is no numbered dial to this product, which I was hoping for. Here's the description:

ELITE MINI THERMOSTATIC HEATER

* 50 Watts
* 6" (15 cm)
* Ideal for small fresh or salt water aquariums
* Accurately maintains aquarium temperature
* Sure-Grip rim attachment
* One year guarantee (through the manufacturer)
* NON-SUBMERSIBLE

Accurately maintain water temperature in fresh and saltwater tanks! Their "Sure-Grip" frame attachment and compact size fit most standard aquariums. Convenient pilot light lets you see when the unit is on. Non submersible.

PRODUCT #: A-731
MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL: $9.90

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm just sharing my thoughts and don't expect much out of it with everybody. It's really fun for me to just write about anything that's on my mind. I know some people will know who I am in person because I've had my real name up so long.