Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Work Oblivion

Work oblivion has come all over me. My inbox is filled with e-mails throughout the week, if I don't clean it, I'll get hundreds, daily. I could actually make deleting my manager's e-mails a career.

I'm a freight forwarder at work. I frustrated a shipper, which is highly rare. They are usually the ones screaming at me for not getting their faxes.

I'm calling up all these shippers, and some of them tell me stuff that's nonsense. I don't know what it really is that makes me feel uncomfortable.

I guess I'm not very assertive enough yet, because I'm still new to the job. It's been only two months. There are so many details that I need to be able to handle. Losing focus only means a subtle error about to happen.

When I'm on the phone, I feel like my voice is like a crow's. I speak so soft that the shipper might actually nag me to stop talking. He then goes off tangent to make me stop, until I hang up!

I feel like such a duface at my job. I'm the only one dressed up during casual day. I say to everyone, "Oh, I'm just doing this for fun." I have like nothing but good clothes to wear to work. My other clothes are too crumby to show up in public.

I glare at the computer screen all the day long to yellow, red, and blue texts! My mind is like rewiring itself to see all black and white. My work just feels plain preposterous.

I'm packing on some weight at my desk, too. I have a sick patch hidden under my desk. I can't close my eyes and get some shut eye.

I have to be a one of a kind to survive in this field. It's so much work, everyday all I can think about is work. It can get so mundane like playing Tetris all day. Visualize the tetris pieces falling in stacks, and you never die. It's chaos! Literarily, I have to desolve like an infinite amount of lines.

Lunch time rolls, I'm so lonely. I'm like so happy to leave for a little bit, but then again sad. I run out of time so fast because my restaurant I'm eating at is so far. It's like a thirty-minute wait to get set up for lunch. Okay, half way there. Before I finish, it's time to get back.

Work starts again, all the agony starts piling. All those feelings in talking to mean shippers makes me want to go diarrhea. It's worse, I can't go to the bathroom. So much work needs to be done, the deadline is approaching.

As the day ends, I feel like an unrippened fruit. I don't feel satisfied enough. I need to start all over again to do work again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tough luck Earl!

Anonymous said...

EARL,
TAKE IT EASY BRO, DON'T LET THIS JOB GET THE BEST OF YOU, JUST THINK OF IT AS THAT SHINY NEW BOAT THAT WE'LL GET ALL THE LADIES ON. THIS JOB NOT THAT BAD, I UNDERSTAND THAT SOMETIMES IT DOES GET REPETITIVE, BORING, AND ANNOYING...BUT C'MON EVENTUALLY ALL JOBS ARE LIKE THAT. IT'S PART OF LIFE. WE EXPERIENCE A RANGE OF THINGS ALL THE TIME, DAILY..HOURLY...
NICE DIARY BRO...

~WASH

About Me

My photo
I'm just sharing my thoughts and don't expect much out of it with everybody. It's really fun for me to just write about anything that's on my mind. I know some people will know who I am in person because I've had my real name up so long.