Friday, September 16, 2005

Fun in website designing


What I really like about designing the club website is that it is giving me a preview of the web technologies that one has to work with. I've been trying to study some cgi scripts for making a message board, picture slide show, and calendar. I have already managed to get an e-mail and add-a-link script working. A friend has mentioned that I should also look into scripts created by c.

The difficult aspects of getting a cgi-script working is that many files sometimes have to be placed together to make the big picture. The school server has an inconvenience in that the scripts have to be called unnaturally for some undivulged reasons. The club advisor is the architect of the school server though, and I don't really want to bug him so I will have to find a different means to circumvent this discouragement.

I have thought about using php scripts, instead. I'm guessing that since it's very highly related to html, it should be more simple to work with. I think it's important to use scripts because they automate tedious tasks and make complex tasks much more feasible to obtain. Everyone has aspirations and mine is to see a nice club site up and working marvelously for years. I'm basically giving in to people who have never had a lot of motivation for doing group efforts. I'm very grateful for the server maintaining old files on the club site. I've decided to regorganize it and make it much more simpler to analyze. I've designed in Visio a conceptual website design. My friends seem to think what I have done is cool!

The only concerns I have is the temptations to become lazy and anxious about getting people to do things they don't want to. I have read about strategies for manipulating people, which is done by TV commercials. I plan to use the majority of these things, and even though I naturally hate it, I'm still going to use it. I'm starting off with glittering generalizations and transfer. I'm going to lay off of name calling because I'm assuming that we live in a holistic community of other club goers with their special interests. We should not be competitive in nature, and the president has to obviously be good at staying focused. If the club becomes successful, then I will use plain folk, band wagon, and testimonial tactics. The previous post jokes about these manipulatory things.

Utilizing a website is pretty much something you have to born with, it doesn't matter who you are of course but I think you have to have this natural tendency of desiring it beyond your motivations. It's too bad that ideas are very tough to develop in computer science and its software applications. One head is like zero heads, but two heads is a start. The more heads, the more merrier the aim is. When heads start losing productivity, then it's good to lay them off until the core heads distinguish themselves.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm just sharing my thoughts and don't expect much out of it with everybody. It's really fun for me to just write about anything that's on my mind. I know some people will know who I am in person because I've had my real name up so long.