Wednesday, September 21, 2005

New Beginning


Over at Cal Poly, they have a student residential area called the University Village. It's a bit nicer than the dorms because you can customize a phase as getting your own room. You still have to get roommates though. I'm guessing that some will like being at a dorm, no matter what other options are. It really doesn't matter what everyone considers as good for them. There are a little good and bad to many areas. The bads at this apartment is that it can get noisy with the train making its trips. I think if you aren't really a people's person then you might be better off living at the dorms because we get to be around only one roommate, whereas you have get along with three here.

The spacing is a little inefficient here, too as my architect roommate has explained to me. I figure that the noise level is also going to be a little bad here, too. Where my friend lives, it's sort of a priority for them just that they have to worry about where their clothes go and stuff. My friend lives at a peaceful dorm area at the research facility in Cal Poly, upwards and next to the school farm store.

I'm sitting right here with the lights turned off right now because I think the view is a little better, but it's not really helping too much. This is something I will really need to get used to eventually. The assimilation stages with another roommate is going to be one of those discomforts, but as time goes on I think I may or not reap some benefits.

Living a life here can be boring, but can also be made fun with some work. I think confidence is a key factor and even though sometimes it's hard to cooperate together. There are some contradictory reasons for living sometimes because you might feel that you didn't have enough time of getting something you were enjoying. It's like the mind can wander off to do meaningless things, and it can make you feel depressed because it brought you joy, but at the same time isn't going to make you absolutely happy. It's like being addicted to cocaine.

We need to limit our obsessions that make us feel we're getting no luck. We need to face more risks that are ahead of us. I'm not saying that we should put ourselves in danger, but rather keep an eye out for good opportunities. The best way that I can explain this is to know what you desire and than to have faith that you will receive it someday. It has to be something reasonable, and I don't think life gives you rewards for being selfish. God is a just being who humbles us, when He needs us to be.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm just sharing my thoughts and don't expect much out of it with everybody. It's really fun for me to just write about anything that's on my mind. I know some people will know who I am in person because I've had my real name up so long.