Sunday, October 16, 2005

Explanation for CS Jobs

People have decided to not to take the Computer Science major for some reason. I've been asked about the current job market dealing with programmers losing jobs. Here's my explanation:

Companies want to cut down on costs as good as possible because their main economic reason is to make profits. By hiring employees overseas, they can expect their dues to be smaller. It is largely because countries outside the US tend to have a lower standard of living. For example, a lot of Chinese middle-class workers have income at the rate of working-class Americans, if not mistaken by a PBS film. India has become a nefarious country to mention by computer scientists because it's been ridiculed by students (I can laugh it off, now). These international employees are happy with the payments they receive so it is a win-win situation for both parties. The programming is pretty much a job that should be done with no pay because it is mainly for the enjoyment that one should do it. I don't think computer science is that important of a field or even near it because I see pastors have a lot greater task. I just do it because I do.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm just sharing my thoughts and don't expect much out of it with everybody. It's really fun for me to just write about anything that's on my mind. I know some people will know who I am in person because I've had my real name up so long.