Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Right Side Of My Face

A lot of settling ideas are finally flowing through my mind. It's frankly odd how everything fits together at once, how what you didn't see under your nose is actually pestering you like a repercussion. Staring through the mirror, I found a flawed self-perception of me. I ended up praying to the Lord, while turning my head over to reflect the ugly side.

I'm really grateful for my life and content with the different skin patches that are over my body. It's amazing to see how even the smallest details of myself are comprehended by my creator. Reflecting on this event, it does feel wasteful to have been standing around just giving awe to my shiny pimple scars. It's also been quite a struggle from not feeling accepted for my outside appearance. Trying to think outside the box, I realized that my life had scars from not being content with my body. I recall my art teacher assigned a writing assignment to describe our face, and I think, if it were now, I would have really submitted something like this one I'm posting.

I thought something that might have been immoral; I attributed my looks by feeling my parents weren't very good-looking. I went on to allude from this event that I'm the son of a fool and that my mother hasn't made the best decisions in life, too-so as a result, here I am! I can partially back up my beliefs about my dad, who constantly went way, over-board arrogant about his looks and abilities. My dad reminded me of a big talker who had nothing to show for his wife. Painfully, the Bible says that God will punish parents' offspring up to the fourth generation. I wonder if I've been cursed with my appearance.

I really have this loose feeling of how insecure individuals will want to strive for plastic surgery. I think having differences as a whole in facial features is beautiful! To minimize on what nature intended only conveys to humanity the shallowness in our hearts. I also think struggling is a part of life; I still toss out feelings of inferiority when I mindlessly compare myself to other's appearances. To really come to terms with myself and enjoy my facial features has been a true blessing. Knowing that if I were in the time of Moses, I would have been pronounced unceremoniously clean and unfit to be a handsome priest.

It's totally fine, and there's nothing better than being able to laugh it off. I feel that too many have a journey in life and simple goals to achieve. We're living in a different society now, where looks hardly talk. There are very few gorgeous people out there, who will never reach into your neighborhood. This makes me really appreciate a person with striking personality, regardless of prettiness not your taste, a whole lot more.

From looking at my face in the mirror and capitalizing the moment, I see that there's a lot more to life than just staring and complaining to self how you want to change your looks. I'm sure a few people will say "Case closed, I'm not good-looking (-hint: you are more uglier than me)". Gosh, many people are so business-minded up in Wall Street; they aren't focusing on their flaws but only keeping themselves feeling good and making the big bucks! Many guys want to get into the big leagues by buying a pretty girlfriend. Well, news flash- she won't be so pretty, if you get worn out with her.

Life doesn't have to be so complicated. It's about being in good health and loving those who care for you. That's how I think most people see life as. Here's a thought, Jesus loves you and forgave you for your sins! Yes, he's our Savior. Every one of us have sinned and turned away from God at one point of our life. We are all guilty of capital punishment- death! God denounced all of our sins and judged us to be unworthy of existing, but God sent His only Son to die on the cross to take away our burden. You can accept Christ into your life, by saying a simple prayer:
"Jesus, I confess to you that I'm a sinner. I accept you as my Savior, please come into my heart and help me become what you want me be. Amen." Congratulations! Next, pick up the Bible and start reading away note: you should be going to attending a fine, Bible teaching church. May God be with all of you!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm just sharing my thoughts and don't expect much out of it with everybody. It's really fun for me to just write about anything that's on my mind. I know some people will know who I am in person because I've had my real name up so long.