Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Drama, on Elm St!

I finally get to coin the saying, "Drama, on Elm St!" I never knew that writing could absolutely affect some people. I haven't realized the potency that my writing can have yet. I'm not a very good writer, and I don't think I'll ever become a wonderful novelist. It's not going to pain me to see a very smart guy like David at church, pick up a book and start a new Chronicles of Narnia collection. I guess when I write, I just let whatever I feel out, and this can mean good and bad especially if it went to the unintended audience. I've had a few disputes over writing in the past at school. They never replied back to me, when I sent them an e-mail. I never had a chance to see that I was getting out of control.

I was always hoping for a communication line, and I never received what I was looking for. When I came to work where my friend referred me, I wrote an e-mail where a customer actually replied back to me! It was so exciting to receive my first e-mail with the prized documents. I was so happy that it felt like getting an ice cream bar for the first time. I was just so delighted and happy. Of course, I had a lot of troubles to maintain the work and wait patiently on some. I think I recall holding back this feeling of letting go my frustrations with some friends because I didn't want to offend them. I decided to become myself, and it looks like I snapped repeatedly. There's a thin line I forgot to draw to distinguish between friend and foe! Lately, I've been totally different in my approach and lot of it is still new. I still feel refreshed everyday to come to work and to wake up to come in so early without any coffee. It's been so enjoyable to make great friends with my female co-workers.

I'm learning that it takes a lot of letting go to be a good listener. To be so constantly self-monitoring, it's only going to worsen a situation especially if panic starts to arise. I remember thinking about every little detail in conversations. I would be thinking, "Does my voice sound okay? Am I talking the right subject? Am I bothering the person?" It didn't end up a long relationship, as I failed to maintain contact out of being so worried. I also lacked trust in these relationships. John 15:4, states-"Abide in me: and I in you..." It's simple, without having trust, there can't be a relationship. You can surely scare off some of your sensitive friends and make them cry by hurting their feelings. With all due time, I think it takes a lot of prayer to mend a relationship with someone, who you didn't intend to hurt. It's incredible how God is so quick to hear our confessions and lead us to repent for all His glory (1 John 1:9, 1 Cor 10:31). --If I was a nonbeliever and I had a dispute with a smart Christian who ended up condemning me for all my hard work or self-righteousness, I would be peeing in my pants. --

I wonder if it's time to stir up some boredom and have everyone stop visiting this site. I know I'm a really bad writer, so serious! I can't even write a good joke when I'm feeling happy, and it has to end up being very aggravating. I'm so not an attention seeker, as you can see these posts are written with nothing in mind. I'm just letting the whole world know that I'm very wicked and a bad writer! After reading some posts, the reader may be like, "Did this guy have a mental disease?" My response is that, no, I'm not going through any depression.

I think this post will die out with the current visitors soon. I'm just going to keep blogging away, so come and go as you like. Welcome to my open family, including those who I've offended or don't want to associate with me anymore. I'm starting to see life's experiences can sometimes come at a cost because issues have to always be dealt with. People just can't avoid their personal dramas; it's only going to hit a person the more bigger the more he evades.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm just sharing my thoughts and don't expect much out of it with everybody. It's really fun for me to just write about anything that's on my mind. I know some people will know who I am in person because I've had my real name up so long.