Saturday, June 30, 2007

Really Sad Story

I don't have any degree, officially. Man, I want it so badly now. I can't believe my mind just completely shuts down emotionally. I always make mistakes when my emotions take a spin. I don't realize the amount of grace that God's given me. If I could only see it in the light of all my troubles, then everything will seem so much better for me. Okay, I'm just connecting my lack of degree to my sadness and nostalgia of attending my old college. It's been only a year, but I so miss getting this degree. I want to truly celebrate this accomplishment, and the day that I do get it, I'm going to feel a lot more confident about my abilities. I will surely go hunting for a good job. The day that I do find my degree-related job, I'm going to really reflect on the many miles that I have traveled to get to that point in life. In the midst of all this chaos, I have to remain strong in judgements and do the best I can to back-up time. This is basically the sad letter I wrote to the head of the Political Science Department:

Hello Dr. Gossett,

I believe we made contact last year, but I failed to follow up with your request of making appointment with the LRC [Learning Resource Center]. I am in need of this test to get my Bachelor's in Computer Science and minor in Mathematics. I have worked really hard for them and would like something to show, as I couldn't attend the graduation ceremony. I will soon be a deactivated student with Cal Poly, now. A year has already passed and now I'm really feeling the burning desire to receive this degree. It will feel very good and mean a whole lot to me, if I could only take this test.

Please schedule me for the day July 16, as I have already phoned in with the LRC. I don't remember my Bronco ID number very well, but I think it's 004314882. Can you just permiss this Cal Poly account?

Thanks,
Earl

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm just sharing my thoughts and don't expect much out of it with everybody. It's really fun for me to just write about anything that's on my mind. I know some people will know who I am in person because I've had my real name up so long.